Friday, October 9, 2009

NaNoWriMo 2009

It’s that time of year again! Dust off that imagination that’s been hiding in the closet since you exhausted it last November and get to work! That’s right: National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is almost upon us.

If you’ve ever read a story and thought I would have done it differently, there’s a writer in you looking for a chance to perform. If you make up characters and ask what they would do in different situations, you could be a writer. If you like to play games with your friends in which you pretend to be someone else, you could be a writer. If you think maybe, just for a little while, you’d like to live on Mars or visit Australia or be an archaeologist, you could be a writer. This November, prove it!

Plus, look how cool this novel machine is:

Those of us 13 or older are challenged to write 50,000 words (about 200 pages) in the month of November. If you are 12 or younger, ask an adult to help you set your own writing goal.

The
NaNoWriMo Young Writers Program has tons of resources to help you get ready to write and to help you through November. Be sure to explore the workbooks. They're pretty awesome.

Maybe you can convince a parent to take the challenge with you. I did! This year, my mom’s progress bar will appear in the sidebar with mine! Leave comments here throughout the month to cheer her on.

Click here for more information about
National Novel Writing Month, and click here to learn more about the Young Writers Program.

Is anyone planning to participate this year?

Return to main page.

1 comment:

http://www.adesiretogetcreative.com said...

I love recruiting people! This year my brother joined and is very excited with his pre-planning. My fiance is preparing for the 3rd in his series... I mean husband! LOL. And I'm going to try doing a YWP program at the library, hoping I get some kids interested in it. :-)

I love your mom and that she's trying it this year, tell her I wish her good writing.