Friday, February 29, 2008

Art Institute of Chicago

Just a quick post so you don't feel neglected. The Art Institite of Chicago is packing up their Impressionist collection so they can do renovations on the museum wing in which it is kept. Ninety-two pieces, including Caillebotte's Paris Street, Rainy Day, van Gogh's The Bedroom, Degas' Yellow Dancers in the Wings, and Gauguin's L'Arlesiennes. This is a fabulous collection of art and for a limited time the people of Fort Worth, Texas will get the chance to enjoy them. The collection will be on display at the Kimbell Art Museum from June 29 through November 2, 2008.

Trust me; seize the opportunity!


Georges Seurat's Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte and several other mainstays of the Art Institute's collection will not travel.

Happy Leap Day! And have a great weekend!


Return to main page.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could see those! I do like art museums, although I never remember to go to any of them when I'm in a city. I live in a small town hours from a city, so I just see local artwork on the walls of the post office and such. I hope the exhibit goes well.

Jessica said...

It's nice that your post office hangs local artwork. Mine just hangs posters to help hock padded mailers and collectible sheets of stamps.

Thanks for stopping by. I clicked over to your site and it looks great. I added you to my bookmarks and will check back frequently. I really love your background!